Look what our past students said about the Newbie Photography Boot Camp
• Hi Jessica, I am one of those cavemen who do not have a Facebook account. But I wanted to give you my impression of Ben’s 5-hour Newbie Photography Boot Camp that I attended yesterday here in Salt Lake City. I have been shooting pictures for many, many years. Mostly vacations, landscapes, and family events. I have always owned a SLR, now a DSLR camera. With a “serious” camera suspended from my neck, I fancied myself to be a step above the point-and-shoot folks. But the truth is that I always relied on the camera’s “Auto” setting to decide the outcome of my photography endeavors. My pictures were good, mostly adequate and sometimes I even turned out a great shot. But I never pushed the limits of my camera or my own photography skills. I have been a photography Newbie for a long time, but that has changed now. With what I learned in the Newbie Boot Camp, I look forward to exploring a whole new level of photography. Ben’s passion for the art and his ability to make the technical aspects of photography understandable opened my eyes to what I have been missing in my picture taking experience for so long. I certainly would recommend the class to anyone who wants to go from being just a GWC to someone who creates wonderful photos. My thanks to Ben for the class and my thanks to you for assuring that I got there. I do want to attend the Newbie Boot Camp Part II the next time Ben is teaching here in SLC. So please put me on your email notification list. Thanks again. Frank Lengyel , Salt Lake City, UT Thank you
• Jessica, I do not have a facebook account but you are welcome to copy and face my comment from this email. The class was very helpful and I would highly recommend this class to anyone who has not used a camera with a manual function much. Ben broke the class down in such a way that I was able to understand the basics of how to use a camera without having it on the automatic settings. This is going to be very useful for taking control of the artistic side of using my camera. I took this class because I am going on a once in a lifetime vacation and I wanted to use my camera better. Now that I have taken the class, I am inspired to use my camera right here in my home state. The class was interesting and was well worth the money and time spent. Thanks for everything. Melissa Miller, Salt Lake City, UT
• Thanks Ben for the awesome class! Informative and entertaining. Your class was a great introduction to inspire me to take better photos. I'm excited to put into practice those things I learned in the seminar. Kathleen Harvey Stone, Salt Lake City, UT
• Hi Ben, This is Duy Lai, I just wanted say hi I took your 'photography for newbie' boot camp in Oct. at Portland State University but I didn’t really get a chance to practice shoot with manual mode until recently.
Back then I’ve gone through the notes from the boot camp over and over but some of them didn’t make sense. Prior to the class, all I was using was automatic mode due to lack knowledge of other cool functions of the camera. Now that I have actually practicing the beauty of manual mode as well as having hand on experiments, the notes and all those techniques are crystal clear.
Thank you! I glad I took your class. It actually helped to fill-up the foundation of photography which I didn't previously had. It is definitely helps me to explore my knowledge in photography as well as appreciate of DSLR cameras (beside taking pictures faster (with baby) than point and shoot camera lol). Have a great one! -Duy, Portland, OR
• Jessica, I would like to thank Ben for taking the time to come to Seattle and instructing the class. This class had a lot of information that I didn't know and I will use what I learn to take better photos. I would like to know if he has any advanced class that he will have here in Seattle in the future. Please let me know. I would also like thank you for all the follow ups and info for the class. Thanks again. Chester Patoc, Seattle, WA
• Hi Jessica Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner as I've been out of town.
Thank you for the links. They are very helpful.
Overall my experience with the class was exceptional. As I have briefly mentioned to Ben, I have always had a strong passion for photography and have longed to pursue it as a profession but have been deterred and intimidated by the technical aspects of it. From beginning to end, the class was presented in a very organized, thorough, informative, well paced, simplistic beginner friendly fashion further simplified with analogies, examples and charts to give me the technical breakthrough that I needed. Even the directions to the site was very clear and easy. Ben was very charming, entertaining the class with his humor, personality and stories in a very dry boring subject that would normally put me to sleep. I also appreciated that we got know Ben not just at a professional level through his similar struggles as a beginner and struggles as a professional, from journalistic to sports to now wedding photographer and teacher, but also at a personal level as a dieter, hiker, nature enthusiast and Asian American just like me. Ben is an inspiration to me and because of the class, my passion and confidence in photography has been reignited and heightened and I am very thankful for the experience. I got this class from Groupon and was wondering if you would be able to notify me if or when you have more deals when it comes up in the future. Regardless i will continue to check your online class schedule periodically and hope to attend more classes with Ben in the future. Thank you. May Yip
• Thanks, Jessica. This is the fourth class I have taken this year and by far the best. Ben has the gift of sharing his experience and knowledge with the students and he makes the whole photography process come together. I would recommend his class to anyone wanting to get more than a start in photography, because he goes much farther with the subject and demonstrates the results with more examples of his work. I have a much better grasp of entire process than I had before taking this class. Congratulations on a job well done. Rollen Anderson, QuickBooks Specialist, Cedar Park, TX 78613-4061
• I thought the class was great! I learned so much in just one morning that I will be able to easily apply to make my photographs so much better. Of course, I wish I had the benefit of taking a class like this many, many years ago. I also wish there was a "next step" class to take in my location! Ben was a great teacher, entertaining, never boring, very informative, and definitely very talented too. Thanks, Jill Nichols, Austin, TX
• Hello Ben, Just a note to thank you for the class yesterday. I enjoyed it very much and will put to use many of the tips and tricks you relayed to us. It was infromational as well as enjoyable. Thanks for the time you spent with us. Doug Schuller, Fresno, CA
• Just wanted to give some feedback about the photography class given at the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento. The class provided a great foundation for the beginning to intermediate photographer. Thank you, Jan Casha, Sacramento, CA
• I so enjoyed the workshop Saturday at Westmont College. I really had just a point and shoot ( which is still complicated to me) but I learned so much! The workshop will make figuring out my little Sony cyber shot much easier. For a 5 + hour workshop, you really held my attention... really really good! Candace Fair, Santa Barbara, CA
• I really enjoyed the dslr for newbies in Portland Oregon. I hope he returns to Portland to give additional boot camps or maybe even a workshop. Vickie, Portland, OR
• I attended your Bootcamp for Newbies in Eugene, Oregon. It was an experience I will remember and cherish. The photograph's were splendid and so creative. I especially enjoyed you're creativity and passion. I feel inspired to use the skills you taught today. It touches my heart to see such passion at work. Thank you for sharing your passion and creativity. Pamela Aarons, Eugene, Oregon
• I really enjoyed the Newbie class this past Sunday. I was overwhelmed with information, but as Ben said, it takes lots of practice and time to learn. Ben is definitely an artist and absolutely awesome at what he does. I enjoyed viewing his work and appreciate that he shared so much with us. He's a great speaker and a very likable individual with a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you! Monica Salinas
• I just wanted you to know how much we appreciated you and Ben finding a place in the class for Richard. He enjoyed the class so much and was so impressed by Ben and his knowledge. What a great class! Richard has had his nose stuck in his camera ever since the class. You guys are the best! Again, Thanks so much.... Best Wishes, Sue Cerullo
• Ben provides a well organized instructional class. Well worth the money, and time (5 hours). Thanks to SoCal Pixels for providing another great deal for us Angelinos to enjoy. Many thanks, Rene M.
• A great class for those starting out with DSLR's. Really helps you to understand what you are doing, and gets you started off on the right track. Looking forward to future seminars and workshops.
• It was very informative. The teacher was very knowledgeable and the class wasn't boring.
• Ben is an excellent instructor! This is a very informative and fun class.
• Great class. Would be interested in his more advanced class. Learned a lot.
• Very informative. Something for all levels of expertise. Well worth the money!
• Ben was knowledgeable about photography and very professional.
• I completely enjoyed your class yesterday and wanted to thank you for all the knowledge you shared and for sharing your passion and insights with us. Look forward to using the voucher soon. You the man!
• I just attended this past Sunday and would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't use the manual setting on your camera to "compose" your pictures. Ann Klett
• Hi Ben, Loved your class! I look forward to taking more:) Amanda Lucille Tremblay
• I truly enjoyed your class this past Saturday - I learned so much in one day! Now, I can finally use my DSLR to its full potential. Thank you! Anne Corinne
• Great photography bootcamp Ben!! Can't wait to get a voucher or two to sign up for more classes! So many to pick from, not sure which one I will take next!!! Ronda Colwell Morris