Look what our past students said about the Newbie Photography Boot Camp
• "I took the Newbie Boot Camp class this past Sunday in San Diego. A-MAZ-ING! I left with a wealth of information on how to manipulate the Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO on my camera to take better photos. Now I'm closer to becoming a photographer and not a GWC. Ready to start taking photos and really looking at what I should be focusing on in making them better. Ben was awesome!" Margie Castro Graff , San Diego, CA
• Hi Ben! I really enjoyed your Newbie Boot Camp class in Sacramento last Sunday! You are a good teacher. I liked the way you use analogies like the camera is like a 5 gallon bucket - I was able to remember much more of what you taught because of this. I also liked the way you used "math" to analyze what changes you need (adding 2 stops to the F-Stop means you need to deduct 2 stops from the shutter speed or ISO to keep the picture balanced). I have always been a great appreciator of good photography, but you have inspired me to try to become a good photographer myself. And, as you predicted, I have started looking at all the pictures I see and asking "how did they make that picture?". One thing that I did not like about the class - with the lights off in the classroom it was too dark to take good notes. I am excited to join in any more classes you teach in this area. Please do send me the class slides. Thanks, and have a wonderful holiday season! Kathleen Thompson, Sacramento, CA
• "The class you did for us in Sacramento yesterday was great. I've attended several classes but it just didn't click until yesterday. Thank you....can't wait to start capturing some decent shots!! Former GWC.....Sara Fitzpatrick , Sacramento, CA
• "Great class yesterday Ben!! Was impressed how you simplified shooting in Manual mode while being realistic that sometimes its just necessary to shoot in Auto. Can't wait to try out the tips and skills I learned. " Arjav Patel , Sacramento, CA
• "Great class today with Ben! Can't wait to get out and try some new settings on my camera. He really broke it down into terms I could understand sooo much better than trying to read a photography book. At least for me, as a beginner. After I use the camera as it is meant to be used for a while, I think a book would be a lot more helpful. Thanks a lot!". Beth Canevari, Sacramento, CA
• Hi Jessica, Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed both classes on Sunday and although my pictures didn't turn out as well as Ben's, I think I learned a lot and will try to take some of Ben's other classes in the future. Also,he said you have an email list to inform former students of upcoming events...Could you also ad me to that email list? Thanks, Bill Blucher, Sacramento, CA
• Hi Jessica and Ben, Sending you a little feedback on the Newbie class from this last Sunday in Sacramento. First of all though, I thank you again for your assistance in getting myself and Bridget registered to attend. I found that Ben's presentation to be very much what I hoped it would be. It cleared up much of the mystery with standard photography terminology by exploring the concepts. He did this, as he promised, with just the right amount of repetition to make it all sink in. The result is that I know better now what to look for in camera features, or at least I can look for key things with a better sense of what feature is convenient for use or not. I borrowed the camera that was brought to class, but think I will be getting my own within the next couple months, perhaps sooner. Once I have my own camera I can then start to reverse engineer pictures I see in public places or magazines, attempting to reproduce it with confidence as opposed to just guessing. I thank you for that! It would have been wonderful to have gotten more practice with the camera during class, but I am aware that with a class that size, the immediate application of what you covered would have been disruptive. BTW, Ben, I caught the very tail end of your presentation about your life transformation. I congratulate you! We have been members of several hiking groups in the Sacramento area, and I very much enjoy getting out on the trail and jogging during the week. I have yet to make the transition to vegan, but it may yet be a part of my future :-) Again, well done, and I send encouragement. I will also make a post to your Facebook when I have the chance. We may see you for another class in the future. Kind regards, Garry Johnson, Sacramento, CA
• Jessica,Glad I looked at my e-mail. Found the class, and am excited about practicing some of the concepts learned. Looking at the chart supplied really helped. It's been confusing before, trying to figure out which way to go with what setting, and I think I may actually have a grasp on it. Now I need to find the time and practice what we learned. Learning of the two types of photo's also helps- that in the moment take the photo in auto mode and get the picture - I won't feel guilty anymore! And when the art is creating the moment, that I can take my time and get creative. Thanks again. Dave James, Sacramento, CA
• Jessica, Just a few things. First, thank you for keeping us so informed on the class information. It made it so much easy. Next, Ben did a wonderful job teaching the class. His style of going back to things helped me. I'm such visual learn, if it is said only once I miss a lot. I can't wait for next years schedule to find a class near me. I hope to practice what Ben taught this weekend, so I'll be ready to go for the next one. Last, if you could send me the PDF file for the class it would be great appreciate it. I was still only able to get most of the notes written down. Rebecca Lewis, Sacramento, CA
• Hi Jessica, I don’t even know where to start, I had the most increasable day yesterday! The teaching technique were terrific, I love how he went over everything four or five times, my style of learning is I need to go over everything that many times just to have in sink in, but then I have it for good.
My father bought me the camera last year for my birthday and he loved photography when I was young, we had a three hour conversation about what I learned and he’s so excited he wants to get back into it.
I went to Lodi yesterday evening to take pictures of the san hill cranes and ended up having the most incredible sunset ever, my camera never went into auto mode, I was able to experiment and ended up with the best pictures I have ever taken. Please put me on a list so I can make it to the 2nd course next year, I would also be interested in going to the Safari outing too.
Sincerely, Theresa Martin, Sacramento, CA
• Hi Jessica, Firstly, I would like to thank you and Ben for organizing a value added seminar on basics of photography. It was a well presented, organized and interactive session that I had.
I got to know the basics of photography and how well one can use the modes. Ben took us through a detailed comparison on various modes. Having said this, this increased my interest in exploring different modes in my camera.
Wow, a long practice journey ahead in this field of photography.
For my reference and study, I would like to request you to share the presentation which Ben has taken us through. This will help as a quick reference.
Thank You, Raj Kishore Reddy Y, Azua, CA
• Hi Jessica, I attended Ben's newbie boot camp part one in Pleasant Hill, Ca on Sat. Nov 16. Loved the class, he's a great teacher and I learned a lot. I want to like his Facebook page but cannot locate it. Would you please let me know what it is or provide the link. Thanks very much! Have a good day..... Nancy Fox, Pleasant Hill, CA
• Aloha Jessica, Although I am not on Facebook; I wanted to add my praise for Ben's "Newbie Photography Boot Camp" that I attended today at Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill. I have been a "point & shoot" photographer for many years. the "auto" setting has always be my friend. This class was perfect for me! I now, finally, understand the "manual" operations of my camera. His helpful hints peppered throughout the workshop will certainly improve my composition as well. I had to quit after "part 1" as my brain was full; and it seems appropriate to practice what I learned. Please keep me posted on Ben's future workshops so I can pick up where we left off after I've had some time to practice and absorb what I learned today. I had a great experience and would enthusiastically recommend Ben and his workshops to others. Thank you and Ben, Mike McKinley, Pleasant Hill, CA
• Hi, Jessica, As I do not have a face book account secondary to my profession, I am sending you my review of the boot camp by email. I recently attended Ben Chen's four hour boot camp for new photographers, held at Azusa Pacific University in Azusa.
This was one of the most informative and inspirational "seminars" that I have even attended. As as mental health professional, I have to go to many seminars and some bore you out of your mind. But Ben's "boot camp," was not only extremely interesting, but entertaining as well. the four hours went by in no time and I felt myself wanting more. Ben made learning how to use my camera in the manual mode easy to comprehend, and his teaching style reinforced the information in a very unique manner. His experience and expertise in the field of photography was quite impressive and viewing his own photos inspired me to take better photos for myself. I would highly recommend his boot camp. . .Merrill c. Hubbard PhD, Azusa, CA
• Hi Jessica, I really enjoyed the boot camp. As someone who was clueless about the basics of photography, I found the class clear, beneficial and simple to understand. I am looking forward to starting to experiment in manual mode and seeing what happens :))). Please also keep me informed about other classes, workshops, etc. that Ben is teaching. I have a lot more to learn and would like to do so through his teachings. Thanks, -- MAHA AWAD, Northridge, CA
• Hi Jessica, Thanks to you and Ben for making this experience enjoyable. I have taken classes in photography at Pierce College. I did not get as much out of those classes as I got from the four hours in his seminar. I appreciate the instruction. I am interested in Boot Camp 2 and any photo safari's that come up. Thank you again, Stacy Koopman, Northridge, CA
• Hi Jessice, Just arrived home from the Newbie Class with Ben. As I am not a frequent Facebook user I have chosen to send this reveiw/comment via e-mail. I am still a little slow on the uptake with current technology, but am still learning new things.
I very much enjoyed the information provided. Was help full in further understanding the abilities within my camera and also myself. I have been further inspired and will try to utilize the insightful information provided by Ben. His take on artful pictures has given me a few ideas to execute at my next sporting clays event and around my area in general.
This Newbie Class is a perfect introduction to understanding photo's and how to make the best of the shot(s) that present them selves. I now understand how I've obtained some of the shots I have taken, and am confident can re-create the same effects.
I plan to watch for future opportunities you may present, for my grandchildren who show interest and promise in photo taking. I feel they would gain positive information from your experiences.
Thank you Ben for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us, current and future recreational photographers. Feel free to uses any parts of this e-mail as you wish. Karen Johnson, Northridge, CA
• Hi Jessica! I wanted to send this e-mail to tell you and Ben how much I loved his four hour newbie photography workshop. Photography has been a passion of mine since I was in high school (that was a long time ago.) My old Nikon broke and become unrepairable in 1990, and I’ve been using a point and shoot camera ever since. Always wanting to take photographs instead of pictures, I received a Panasonic Lumix DSLR camera for my birthday last year. I was frozen with terror and found excuse after excuse not to use it. It seemed like I had forgotten everything that I ever knew about aperture, shutter speed, film speed, etc. Being a technophobe, I was so upset that this new technology was getting the best of me.
When I received the e-mail regarding Ben’s class, I was nervous, but very excited at the same time. I had plans to volunteer at the Military Baby Shower in Las Vegas from 1 – 5 that same day, but the class was so important to me that I decided to attend. Boy, was I glad that I did! First of all, let me start off by saving that Ben has a great, witty personality. I loved his stories and method of teaching. He started off at a level that was very easy to understand and everything just made sense. His explanations and knowledge of the basic photography skills is excellent. I was very impressed with the photographs that he shared with the class. He is the consummate professional photographer. What a great opportunity and mentor for me!
I wanted to remember every possible thing that he said, so I was frantically scribbling notes throughout the class. The problem is trying to decipher my own handwriting. I would have loved to attend his afternoon and evening class with the hands on experience, but as I mentioned before, I was volunteering at the Boots and Booties Baby Shower that day and could not attend. I would love to attend any other classes that Ben does, so please keep me informed about his schedule. I am not a facebooker, but please send me his facebook name, so that if I ever get on there, I can give him some rave reviews. He is amazing! Karen Kryst, Las Vegas, NV
• Hi there, I recently took the 4hr Newbie bootcamp in Las Vegas on Oct 19, 2013. What a great class! I've been self taught and have read about photography on-line. There is enough stuff out there on the internet to give you an "idea" of how to "take a picture". But nothing re-places a "live" teacher! This class hit the spot and I'm glad I decided to attend!!
Can't wait to practice what I learned! Thank you! Melissa Cordone,Las Vegas, NV
• What a great class! It was so full of information. I now have the confidence to explore my camera and the capabilities I never had before. Next time we hope to take the all day AND Safari class. I have "liked" Ben on Facebook and will carry this comment to that site. In the meanwhile, please email the pdf of his lecture. I took notes but it went so quickly, I know I must have missed something. We will follow him and hope to participate next time. Thanks Cynthia (Lori) Suitor, Las Vegas, NV
• Jessica, Just a note to tell you how much I appreciated Ben and his photo class for newbies. It was a great mix of information and humor. I look forward to tackling the world of photography with my new set of tools. I also appreciate how organized the registration process for the class was run. Thank you Ben and Jessica. Regards, Pat Waddel, Las Vegas, NV
• Hi Ben and Jessica, I thoroughly enjoyed the Newbie Photography Boot Camp that was held here in Seattle. Ben, thank you for presenting the information in a way for me to really understand it; I am looking forward to putting my new found knowledge to use! I enjoyed your jokes and hearing about your experience as a photographer. Your work is amazing! I hope to be able to catch the second part of the newbie boot camp if it is offered in Seattle. Hopefully you will be able to get that golden shot of the Space Needle and Mount Rainier! Thank you so much, Darlene Lim, Seattle, WA
• This is the fourth class I have taken this year and by far the best. Ben has the gift of sharing his experience and knowledge with the students and he makes the whole photography process come together. I would recommend his class to anyone wanting to get more than a start in photography, because he goes much farther with the subject and demonstrates the results with more examples of his work. I have a much better grasp of entire process than I had before taking this class. Congratulations on a job well done. Rollen Anderson, Austin, TX
• I thought the class was great! I learned so much in just one morning that I will be able to easily apply to make my photographs so much better. Of course, I wish I had the benefit of taking a class like this many, many years ago. I also wish there was a "next step" class to take in my location! Ben was a great teacher, entertaining, never boring, very informative, and definitely very talented too. Jill Nichols, Austin, TX
• Hi Jessica, I attended Ben’s class on Saturday at Shoreline Community College. I am so glad I attended. I have been doing photography for a LONG time, but I still learned new things. I do like Ben’s strategy for teaching. It is so much better than sitting in a classroom listening to a lecture that just blows on past you, and is boring. Not to mention, you really don’t learn or retain much in that type of setting. It is hard to stay focused in a lecture. I was glad he broke everything into smaller parts and kept revisiting the parts. Each visit brought the subject to mind again and made it that much clearer and more understandable. With the lecture system, those complicated subjects just fly by and you still don’t understand them. With Ben’s style, that doesn’t happen. A lightbulb goes off and you have an “Ah Hah” moment. The class was jam packed with information, but it was presented in a way that you could actually take notes and not miss what was happening next. I like his attitude too. He wasn’t some high and mighty know-it-all just tooting his own horn. He was really low key in that respect and really wanted us to understand and learn. His own personal stories and experiences also helped make it fun and interesting and more teachable. I am very much looking forward to taking the Part II class. Please put me on a list, if possible, to alert me when it is available. Thanks so much. Cheers and regards, Kathleen Prindle, Seattle, WA
• Thank you Ben for a wonderful class this past Saturday in Shoreline. As you mentioned the Pacific Northwest has some beautiful photo opportunities. I look forward to getting out there in manual mode. Please post future classes in the area. I would love to attend others that you offer. Debra Lentz Sharp, Seattle, WA
• Hi Jessica, I just got back from Ben's Newbie Photography Boot Camp held in Shoreline, WA.. I appreciated his philosophy of teaching. As I get older, I find that repetition is key I am excited about being more creative and trying out the things that we learned in class today. I plan to start with changing one thing at a time verses all at once. I would appreciate receiving the PDF file for the marked slides in the presentation from this morning. Please thank Ben for offering this class. I will recommend it to family and friends. Thank you! Laurilyn Ashley, Seattle, WA
• Omg...just attended the newbie boot camp in portland oregon. My brain is in overload. I had no idea how intense and how much I could learn from just two 4 hour seminars. It was amazing and I am so excited to get out and try all the things I have learned. Thank you Ben for coming and sharing with the group and teaching us alot of creative things. Now if it will just stop raining here! I definately will be at your workshop next year and hope soon you will have a lighting workshop!" Patches Hidalgo, Portland, OR
• Hi Ben Thanks so much for you class on Sunday at Portland State. You were so helpful and clear about how to shoot in manual mode. I also appreciated your asides about hiking and how to take a good waterfall photo. Millie Layman, Portland, OR
• Hey bootcamp 1 was very informative any a good kick in the pants to get out and go manual. Bootcamp 2 was intresting but could've included an compairson of the usefull software and how each dovetails into the workspace; also a overview of workflow stragieties....thanks jp, Portland, OR
• Hi Jessica, Completed the Newbie Photography Bootcamp today in Salt Lake City, UT . Ben was awesome. He has a good sense of humor too. Ben is a very inspiring teacher and I am so glad that I attended his class. I could not attend the class that came afterward but he sure wetted my appetite for more. Can't wait to take his next photography class the next time he's in Salt Lake City. Don't have a Facebook page but will sign up for one just to "Like" his class and find out the cool places he goes to hiking and taking pictures. Thank you for making the class available at a remote, out of the way place Iike Salt Lake City. Sergio Curbelo , SLC, UT
• hello Jessica thank you for herding me to the class on Saturday. Excellent class, good suggestion to get there early it certainly isn't that much of an intuitive campus. Wow, i am always amazed at the lecturer who can make 4 hours just disappear like that on one. Ben is very engaging and knows his subject so well , i am sorry i didn't know in enough time about the afternoon class. I talked to him afterwards and he said he thought there was another one coming up in Pleasanton. If there is can you put me on your distribution list and i am sure i will be doing a repeat as there was so much to absorb first time around. Also, i wanted to know if you could forward a question to him.which is this: he taught us about the sunny16 rule. i got all inspired and went off to try it only to discover that the bridge camera i am using doesn't go to the f/16...can he recommend another combo for me to start at? many thanks again, great class Ben! Carolann Towe, Palo Alto, CA
• Hi Jessica Wanted to give you some feedback on the bootcamp with Ben. in a word Fantastic! Ben was great presented the material in an informative and creative way..could have spent the whole day there! would like to take it again and other classes when they return to the bay area. The only thing i would change would be the meeting place..I was on time to be sure, but a little hard to get to once on campus...but was minor. Thanks again! Regards, John King, San Francisco, CA
• Hi Jessica,feedback on the newbie class. Very informative and a lot of good solid info I had never heard before. Like the way the class flowed with technical stuff and also examples to demonstrate the points. The "repeat" method worked well with the way my brain retains things. Please let me know the next time this class is going to be offered in the area - I would like my wife to attend if at all possible. Especially if it is on Groupon:) Steve Brown, San Diego, CA
• I signed up for the Newbie 1 class because I wanted to do something other than "Auto" on my camera. Ben was very easy to follow through all the ins and outs of F-stops and aperture and ISO. I decided to go for it and take the Newbie 2 class. It was fantastic as well. I especially liked when we critiqued student photos and made improvements to them. It was easy to see that most photos we took could be tweaked into something really nice! Christina Adam, Portland, OR
• Hi Jessica, I am one of those cavemen who do not have a Facebook account. But I wanted to give you my impression of Ben’s 5-hour Newbie Photography Boot Camp that I attended yesterday here in Salt Lake City. I have been shooting pictures for many, many years. Mostly vacations, landscapes, and family events. I have always owned a SLR, now a DSLR camera. With a “serious” camera suspended from my neck, I fancied myself to be a step above the point-and-shoot folks. But the truth is that I always relied on the camera’s “Auto” setting to decide the outcome of my photography endeavors. My pictures were good, mostly adequate and sometimes I even turned out a great shot. But I never pushed the limits of my camera or my own photography skills. I have been a photography Newbie for a long time, but that has changed now. With what I learned in the Newbie Boot Camp, I look forward to exploring a whole new level of photography. Ben’s passion for the art and his ability to make the technical aspects of photography understandable opened my eyes to what I have been missing in my picture taking experience for so long. I certainly would recommend the class to anyone who wants to go from being just a GWC to someone who creates wonderful photos. My thanks to Ben for the class and my thanks to you for assuring that I got there. I do want to attend the Newbie Boot Camp Part II the next time Ben is teaching here in SLC. So please put me on your email notification list. Thanks again. Frank Lengyel, Salt Lake City, UT
• Jessica, I do not have a facebook account but you are welcome to copy and face my comment from this email. The class was very helpful and I would highly recommend this class to anyone who has not used a camera with a manual function much. Ben broke the class down in such a way that I was able to understand the basics of how to use a camera without having it on the automatic settings. This is going to be very useful for taking control of the artistic side of using my camera. I took this class because I am going on a once in a lifetime vacation and I wanted to use my camera better. Now that I have taken the class, I am inspired to use my camera right here in my home state. The class was interesting and was well worth the money and time spent. Thanks for everything. Melissa Miller, Salt Lake City, UT
• Thanks Ben for the awesome class! Informative and entertaining. Your class was a great introduction to inspire me to take better photos. I'm excited to put into practice those things I learned in the seminar. Kathleen Harvey Stone, Salt Lake City, UT
• Hi Ben, This is Duy Lai, I just wanted say hi I took your 'photography for newbie' boot camp in Oct. at Portland State University but I didn’t really get a chance to practice shoot with manual mode until recently.
Back then I’ve gone through the notes from the boot camp over and over but some of them didn’t make sense. Prior to the class, all I was using was automatic mode due to lack knowledge of other cool functions of the camera. Now that I have actually practicing the beauty of manual mode as well as having hand on experiments, the notes and all those techniques are crystal clear.
Thank you! I glad I took your class. It actually helped to fill-up the foundation of photography which I didn't previously had. It is definitely helps me to explore my knowledge in photography as well as appreciate of DSLR cameras (beside taking pictures faster (with baby) than point and shoot camera lol). Have a great one! -Duy, Portland, OR
• Jessica, I would like to thank Ben for taking the time to come to Seattle and instructing the class. This class had a lot of information that I didn't know and I will use what I learn to take better photos. I would like to know if he has any advanced class that he will have here in Seattle in the future. Please let me know. I would also like thank you for all the follow ups and info for the class. Thanks again. Chester Patoc, Seattle, WA
• Hi Jessica Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner as I've been out of town.
Thank you for the links. They are very helpful.
Overall my experience with the class was exceptional. As I have briefly mentioned to Ben, I have always had a strong passion for photography and have longed to pursue it as a profession but have been deterred and intimidated by the technical aspects of it. From beginning to end, the class was presented in a very organized, thorough, informative, well paced, simplistic beginner friendly fashion further simplified with analogies, examples and charts to give me the technical breakthrough that I needed. Even the directions to the site was very clear and easy. Ben was very charming, entertaining the class with his humor, personality and stories in a very dry boring subject that would normally put me to sleep. I also appreciated that we got know Ben not just at a professional level through his similar struggles as a beginner and struggles as a professional, from journalistic to sports to now wedding photographer and teacher, but also at a personal level as a dieter, hiker, nature enthusiast and Asian American just like me. Ben is an inspiration to me and because of the class, my passion and confidence in photography has been reignited and heightened and I am very thankful for the experience. I got this class from Groupon and was wondering if you would be able to notify me if or when you have more deals when it comes up in the future. Regardless i will continue to check your online class schedule periodically and hope to attend more classes with Ben in the future. Thank you. May Yip
• Thanks, Jessica. This is the fourth class I have taken this year and by far the best. Ben has the gift of sharing his experience and knowledge with the students and he makes the whole photography process come together. I would recommend his class to anyone wanting to get more than a start in photography, because he goes much farther with the subject and demonstrates the results with more examples of his work. I have a much better grasp of entire process than I had before taking this class. Congratulations on a job well done. Rollen Anderson, QuickBooks Specialist, Cedar Park, TX 78613-4061
• I thought the class was great! I learned so much in just one morning that I will be able to easily apply to make my photographs so much better. Of course, I wish I had the benefit of taking a class like this many, many years ago. I also wish there was a "next step" class to take in my location! Ben was a great teacher, entertaining, never boring, very informative, and definitely very talented too. Thanks, Jill Nichols, Austin, TX
• Hello Ben, Just a note to thank you for the class yesterday. I enjoyed it very much and will put to use many of the tips and tricks you relayed to us. It was infromational as well as enjoyable. Thanks for the time you spent with us. Doug Schuller, Fresno, CA
• Just wanted to give some feedback about the photography class given at the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento. The class provided a great foundation for the beginning to intermediate photographer. Thank you, Jan Casha, Sacramento, CA
• I so enjoyed the workshop Saturday at Westmont College. I really had just a point and shoot ( which is still complicated to me) but I learned so much! The workshop will make figuring out my little Sony cyber shot much easier. For a 5 + hour workshop, you really held my attention... really really good! Candace Fair, Santa Barbara, CA
• I really enjoyed the dslr for newbies in Portland Oregon. I hope he returns to Portland to give additional boot camps or maybe even a workshop. Vickie, Portland, OR
• I attended your Bootcamp for Newbies in Eugene, Oregon. It was an experience I will remember and cherish. The photograph's were splendid and so creative. I especially enjoyed you're creativity and passion. I feel inspired to use the skills you taught today. It touches my heart to see such passion at work. Thank you for sharing your passion and creativity. Pamela Aarons, Eugene, Oregon
• I really enjoyed the Newbie class this past Sunday. I was overwhelmed with information, but as Ben said, it takes lots of practice and time to learn. Ben is definitely an artist and absolutely awesome at what he does. I enjoyed viewing his work and appreciate that he shared so much with us. He's a great speaker and a very likable individual with a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you! Monica Salinas
• I just wanted you to know how much we appreciated you and Ben finding a place in the class for Richard. He enjoyed the class so much and was so impressed by Ben and his knowledge. What a great class! Richard has had his nose stuck in his camera ever since the class. You guys are the best! Again, Thanks so much.... Best Wishes, Sue Cerullo
• Ben provides a well organized instructional class. Well worth the money, and time (5 hours). Thanks to SoCal Pixels for providing another great deal for us Angelinos to enjoy. Many thanks, Rene M.
• A great class for those starting out with DSLR's. Really helps you to understand what you are doing, and gets you started off on the right track. Looking forward to future seminars and workshops.
• It was very informative. The teacher was very knowledgeable and the class wasn't boring.
• Ben is an excellent instructor! This is a very informative and fun class.
• Great class. Would be interested in his more advanced class. Learned a lot.
• Very informative. Something for all levels of expertise. Well worth the money!
• Ben was knowledgeable about photography and very professional.
• I completely enjoyed your class yesterday and wanted to thank you for all the knowledge you shared and for sharing your passion and insights with us. Look forward to using the voucher soon. You the man!
• I just attended this past Sunday and would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't use the manual setting on your camera to "compose" your pictures. Ann Klett
• Hi Ben, Loved your class! I look forward to taking more:) Amanda Lucille Tremblay
• I truly enjoyed your class this past Saturday - I learned so much in one day! Now, I can finally use my DSLR to its full potential. Thank you! Anne Corinne
• Great photography bootcamp Ben!! Can't wait to get a voucher or two to sign up for more classes! So many to pick from, not sure which one I will take next!!! Ronda Colwell Morris