Please scroll down to see schedule and venue information
presented by Ben
The instructor will be Ben, you can read about his background Here. His teaching background is located Here.
In this information packed 5-hour "Newbie Photography Boot Camp", you will first learn how to "Unlock" the potential of your DSLR (or any camera that has a manual settings) by learning how to shoot “MANUALLY”. After you have gained creative control over your camera, you will spend the next two hours learning to take better photos using various professional techniques such as posing, lighting, composition, background selection, depth of field, and efficient post-production workflow.
Please note, although the class is primarily developed with the new DSLR owners in mind, many of our past students who only have point and shoot or compact digital cameras have found this class to be extremely informative as well. It will make you a better photographer!
Topics included in the Newbie Photography Boot Camp:
|* How and Why Shoot in the Manual Mode||* What is "Depth of Field" and How to Use It?|
|* How to Gain Creative Controls over your Camera||* Exposure Triangle|
|* Shutter Speed and Artistic Vision||* Understand Variable Aperture Lenses|
|* Best lens for the job||* Working with people|
|* Elicit Expressions||* Simple Poses|
|* Selecting Proper Background||* Basic Lighting|
|* Sunny 16 Rule||* Rule of Thirds|
|* Balance against Ambient Light||* How to read a Histogram and Much More|
Please note, we will add more sessions if the sales exceed our forecast.
Newbie Photography Boot Camp at AT&T Center, Austin (Google Map)
Sunday, July 15, 2012 Morning Session (8 AM to 1 PM)
Saturday, September 8, 2012 Morning Session (8 AM to 1 PM)
Cancellation Policy: A 14-day rescheduling notice is required. Any rescheduling request falling within that 14-day period will incur a $25 charge. Refund or rescheduling is not available if no notice/no show for the classes.
If you do not have a voucher, you can pay for your boot camp ($119.00) here:
To Schedule Your Class:
Your registration will be delayed unless you follow the instructions below precisely!
1. Please DO NOT phone us to register/reschedule/cancel a class. We only take class registration and related issues from emails.
2. Please email Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information (your class registration will be delayed if any of the information below is missing) :
• Please send us two of your desired dates (first and second choice if available) and locations (we teach the boot camps in several cities) from above.
• Your voucher number (barcode #s) and the name of the company you purchased from. If you do not have a voucher, please provide us with your payment method (see "Buy Now" above). DO NOT send us your voucher PDF file; we just need the barcode #s (the #s under your barcode on your voucher).
• The purchaser name (exact name used on your voucher), email address and phone #.
• The attendee's name, email address and contact phone # (if you received the voucher as a gift, we would need an email from the purchaser indicating he/she is doing so)
• A brief description of attendee's photography experience and gear
• Please note we need separate emails (with all the information listed above) from each attendee. Another words, unless you are a legal guardian for a minor, we do not accept one person register for others even if you are paying for them)
3. If we received all the information above, we will typically send you a confirmation within 24 hours.