Please scroll down to see schedule and venue information
presented by Ben
The instructor will be Ben, you can read about his background Here. His teaching background is located Here.
In the information packed "Newbie Photography Boot Camp Part I", you will first learn how to "Unlock" the potential of your DSLR (or any camera that has a manual setting) by learning how to shoot the camera in the “MANUAL MODE”. Once you have learned how to shoot in the manual mode, you have now gained creative control over your camera. In addition, you will learn how to take better photos using various professional techniques such as posing, lighting, composition, background selection, and depth of field. In the "Newbie Photography Boot Camp Part II", students will learn efficient ways of post-production workflow in order to produce the best image possible.
Please note, although the class is primarily developed with the new DSLR owners in mind, many of our past students who only have point and shoot or compact digital cameras have found this class to be extremely informative as well. It will make you a better photographer!
"Newbie Photography Boot Camp Part I and II" are seminars (class lectures consist some photo exercises) not hands-on workshops.
Select 4-hour Camp I (Morning Session, $99), 3-hour Book Camp II (Afternoon Session, $99) or Both (All-Day, $179)
4-hour Boot Camp I (Morning Session)
3-hour Boot Camp II (Afternoon Session)
|* How and Why Shoot in the Manual Mode||What is Post-Production and Why do we Need it?|
|* How to Gain Creative Controls over your Camera||Should you shoot Jpg, Raw or Raw + Jpg?|
|* Shutter Speed and Artistic Vision||How do I select White Balance? Can it be adjusted in Post-Production?|
|* Best lens for the job||How to find your specific photo years down the road?|
|* Elicit Expressions||Nomenclature, Folder Name, File Name and Catalog the digital images|
|* Selecting Proper Background||Batch adding copyright info and other metadata to all your images|
|* Sunny 16 Rule||Raw to Jpg Conversion|
|* Balance against Ambient Light||Saving files in DNG format|
|* What is "Depth of Field" and How to Use It?||Photoshop, Lightroom and other software|
|* Exposure Triangle||Best ways to archive digital assets|
|* Understand Variable Aperture Lenses||Backup in the Cloud?|
|* Working with people||Color and Exposure Adjustment|
|* Simple Poses||Contrast and Saturation Adjustment|
|* Basic Lighting||How to Crop and Resize a Photo|
|* Rule of Thirds||Final Output for Web and Print|
|* How to read a Histogram and Much More||Portfolio Critique (students can submit 2-images for anonymous class critique)|
Boot Camp I: Sunday, October 5, 2014 from 8 AM to Noon at Vanguard University (Google Map)
Boot Camp II: Sunday, October 5, 2014 from 1 PM to 4 PM at Vanguard University (Google Map)
If you have a voucher, please scroll down to "To Schedule Your Class"
If you do not have a voucher, you can pay for your boot camp here:
Newbie Photography Boot Camp I and II $99 each. $179 for both Boot Camps.
Rescheduling Policy: A 14-day rescheduling notice is required in order to avoid the $25 Rescheduling Fee. Any rescheduling request falling within 14-day period prior to the class will incur a $25 charge. Rescheduling is not available if no notice/no show for the class as well as if there is no future class scheduled.
Extension Policy: If you notified us that you cannot attend your scheduled session and you are not a "No Show". You are eligible for future class (if available) after paying a $25 Extension Fee.
Cancellation Policy: Due to our out-of-pocket travel and venue booking expenses, we do not offer refund from cancellation. You are welcome to sell or gift your spot to someone else provide the new attendee complete the registration process. Please send us an email if you wish to gift your spot to someone else.
To Schedule Your Class:
Please do not send us the registration request until the promotion is over as state above.
Your registration will be delayed unless you follow the instructions below precisely!
1. Please DO NOT phone us to register/reschedule/cancel a class. We only take class registration and related issues from emails.
2. Please email Jessica (jessica @ socalpixels . com-remove the spaces) with the following information (your class registration will be delayed if any of the information below is missing) :
• Please send us your desired date and locations (we teach the boot camps in several cities) so it will be very helpful if you can specify.
• Your voucher number (barcode/redemption #, not your order #) and the name of the company you purchased from. If you do not have a voucher, please provide us with your payment method (see "Buy Now" above). DO NOT send us your voucher PDF file; we just need the barcode #s (the #s under your barcode on your voucher).
• The purchaser name (exact name used on your voucher), email address and phone #.
• The attendee's name, email address and contact phone # (if you received the voucher as a gift, we would need an email from the purchaser indicating he/she is doing so)
• A brief description of attendee's photography experience and gear
• Please note we need separate emails and different email address (with all the information listed above) from each attendee. Another words, unless you are a legal guardian for a minor, we do not accept one person register for others even if you are paying for them)
3. If we received all the information above, we will typically send you a confirmation within 48 hours.