Please scroll down to see schedule and venue information
presented by Ben
The instructor will be Ben, you can read about his background Here. His teaching background is located Here.
In this information packed 5-hour "Newbie Photography Boot Camp", you will first learn how to "Unlock" the potential of your DSLR (or any camera that has a manual settings) by learning how to shoot “MANUALLY”. After you have gained creative control over your camera, you will spend the next two hours learning to take better photos using various professional techniques such as posing, lighting, composition, background selection, depth of field, and efficient post-production workflow.
Please note, The “5-Hour Newbie Photography Boot Camp” is a seminar (lecture and class camera exercises) not a hands-on workshop. Although the class is primarily developed with the new DSLR owners in mind, many of our past students who only have point and shoot or compact digital cameras have found this class to be extremely informative as well. It will make you a better photographer!
Topics included in the Newbie Photography Boot Camp:
|* How and Why Shoot in the Manual Mode||* What is "Depth of Field" and How to Use It?|
|* How to Gain Creative Controls over your Camera||* Exposure Triangle|
|* Shutter Speed and Artistic Vision||* Understand Variable Aperture Lenses|
|* Best lens for the job||* Working with people|
|* Elicit Expressions||* Simple Poses|
|* Selecting Proper Background||* Basic Lighting|
|* Sunny 16 Rule||* Rule of Thirds|
|* Balance against Ambient Light||* How to read a Histogram and Much More|
Newbie Photography Boot Camp Part I
San Francisco Session
Sunday, March 23, 2014 form 8 AM to Noon at San Francisco State University (Google Map)
Alternative Location: Palo Alto on Saturday, March 22, 2014
(Optional Second Class): Newbie Photography Boot Camp Part II
Sunday, March 23, 2014 from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM at San Francisco State University (Google Map)
(Optional Third Class): Photo Safari with Ben
A 4-hour, "hands-on" workshop shooting along with Ben in the quest to capture most awesome cityscape photos in SF
Sunday, March 23, 2014 form 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
If you do not have a voucher, you can pay for your boot camp ($99.00) here:
Please pay for your class here
Rescheduling Policy: A 14-day rescheduling notice is required in order to avoid the $25 Rescheduling Fee. Any rescheduling request falling within 14-day period prior to the class will incur a $25 charge. Rescheduling is not available if no notice/no show for the class as well as if there is no future class scheduled.
Extension Policy: If you notified us that you cannot attend your scheduled session and you are not a "No Show". You are eligible for future class (if available) after paying a $25 Extension Fee.
Cancellation Policy: Due to our out-of-pocket travel and venue booking expenses, we do not offer refund from student cancellation. You are welcome to sell or gift your spot to someone else provide the new attendee complete the registration process. Please send us an email if you wish to gift your spot to someone else.
To Schedule Your Class:
Your registration will be delayed unless you follow the instructions below precisely!
1. Please DO NOT phone us to register/reschedule/cancel a class. We only take class registration and related issues from emails.
2. Please email Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information (your class registration will be delayed if any of the information below is missing) :
• Please send us your desired date and location (we teach the boot camps in several cities) from above.
• Your voucher code (not the order #) and the name of the purchaser and the company you purchased from. If you do not have a voucher, please provide us with your payment method . DO NOT send us your voucher PDF file; instead copy and paste the voucher code.
• The purchaser name (exact name used on your voucher), email address and phone #.
• The attendee's name, email address and contact phone # (if you received the voucher as a gift, we would need an email from the purchaser indicating he/she is doing so)
• A brief description of attendee's photography experience and gear
• Please note we need separate emails and email address (with all the information listed above) for each attendee. Another words, unless you are a legal guardian for a minor, we do not accept one person register for others even if you are paying for them)
3. If we received all the information above, we will typically send you a confirmation within 48 hours.